Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015

pumpkin

I've never liked pumpkin!


we all know pumpkin soup and pumpkin pie - I admit, a pumpkin soup can be a lovely change and there are many different ways to prepare a tasty soup.
there was a time in the mid nineties when pumpkin became fashionable in Switzerland and by all the invitations I've got in those years I had to eat a pumpkin soup and everybody I had invited had to eat a pumpkin soup and then with the 0-years came a time I couldn't see pumpkin soup any more...
the good thing about pumpkin is that pumpkin itself hasn't got much taste, so whatever taste we want to add to it, it will take it! it reminds me of Pygmalion, the Greek guy who formed himself a woman out of clay, he formed her how he wanted her to be and to look like, but then had to find out that the admirable woman he had created hadn't and would never have any life in her!

I'm trying to put some life into the pumpkin! I want it to be part of a dish which evokes a passionate love of savour, I want it to be something I can't wait to devour - I want to use up all the pumpkins growing in our garden in the most delicious of all possible ways!

here's my trilogy of pumpkin - the best so far I've done with pumpkin:

pumpkin swirl brownie, pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin caramel

I've found all the recipes on piterest. a great source of mouthwatering pictures and a interesting way to spend more time than I initially wanted!

the pumpkin swirl brownies are absolutley luscious - they will be repeted soon!

lots of dark chocolate and cream cheese with pumpkin

the ice cream is phantastic in taste but quite rich. I'll try it with lighter ingredients, maybe more sour cream or yogurth next time.

the caramel is... caramel! with a hint of pumpkin... not quite sure what to do with it yet except using it as a decoration. it would surely be nice on vanilla ice cream. or spread on a piece of bread for those who like continental breakfast. or maybe cook it a little bit longer until it thickens, pour it on a tray to cool, cut it in squares and enjoy it as pumpkin-caramel-fudge?

I'll let you know :-)

pure and delicious


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen